The McGee Recovery Center of Berkshire Medical Center is a DPH licensed, 21-bed acute treatment service and accredited opioid treatment program providing medically monitored detoxification services to all persons age 18 years and older seeking help with an identified drug or alcohol problem.
In addition to providing expert medical care for the safe withdrawal from alcohol or other drugs, the unit also provides a group treatment program anchored by the principles of safety, early recovery and relapse prevention.
All referrals are medically screened in the Emergency Department of Berkshire Medical Center prior to admission. If a person meets admission criteria, he or she will be admitted without discrimination regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, physical disability, ethnicity, or ability to pay.
The scope of our services includes:
• Medically necessary detoxification from alcohol or opioids, including prescription narcotics and benzodiazepines
• Evaluation and treatment for persons in pain management programs abusing additional non-prescribed opiates/opioids or other substances
• Networking and referral to appropriate transitional residential recovery or outpatient continuing care
• Family, significant others and network meeting to support recovery
The McGee Recovery Center is located on the main campus of Berkshire Medical Center providing the capability to rapidly access a full continuum of medical/surgical services, acute inpatient psychiatric, hospital based consultation services, ancillary services, or other urgent care settings if they are required.
As a continuation of treatment, Berkshire Medical Center also provides Clinical Stabilization Services for substance abuse.
• William DeMarco, DO, Medical Director
• Allison Werner, MD, Psychiatric Consultant
• Shannon McCarthy, LADC, Department Director, Behavioral Sciences/Substance Abuse: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Corinne Weaver, CARN, Clinical Team Leader
• Karen Fusini, RN, BSN, Clinical Manager
For more information, contact us at (413) 445-9228.