McGee Recovery Center
The McGee Recovery Center of Berkshire Medical Center is a DPH licensed, 21-bed acute treatment service and accredited opioid treatment program providing medically monitored detoxification services to all persons age 18 years and older seeking help with an identified drug or alcohol problem. In addition to providing expert medical care for the safe withdrawal from alcohol or other drugs, the unit also provides a group treatment program anchored by the principles of safety, early recovery and relapse prevention.
All referrals are medically screened in the Emergency Department of Berkshire Medical Center prior to admission. If a person meets admission criteria, he or she will be admitted without discrimination regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical disability, ethnicity, or ability to pay.
The scope of our services includes:
- Medically necessary detoxification from alcohol or opioids, including prescription narcotics and benzodiazepines
- Evaluation and treatment for persons in pain management programs abusing additional non-prescribed opiates/opioids or other substances
- An enhanced dual diagnosis service for persons with both a mental illness and a substance use disorder, where the physical dependence on alcohol or other drugs is thought to be primary
- Networking and referral to appropriate transitional residential recovery or outpatient continuing care
- Family, significant others and network meeting to support recovery
The McGee Recovery Center is located on the main campus of Berkshire Medical Center providing the capability to rapidly access a full continuum of medical/surgical services, acute inpatient psychiatric, hospital based consultation services, ancillary services, or other urgent care settings if they are required.
For more information, contact us at (413) 445-9228.
Rabie Adam-Eldian, MD, Medical Director
Shannon McCarthy, BS, LADC, Program Director: email@example.com
Corinne Weaver, RN, Clinical Team Leader
Robert Kirkman, MA, CADC, Senior Clinician
Karen Fusini, RN, BSN, Clinical Manager