Building on an already robust minimally invasive surgery program at BMC, the da Vinci® Surgical System provides surgeons with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, putting the surgeon's hands at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic platform.
The da Vinci System enables surgeons at BMC to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
da Vinci Si HD System at BMC
Surgeons at BMC use the newly refined da Vinci Si HD Surgical System, the latest addition to the da Vinci® product line. BMC was the first hospital in Western Massachusetts to use the Si HD system.
The da Vinci Si introduces several enabling features for the surgeon, including:
• Enhanced high-definition 3D vision for superior clinical capability
• An updated user interface for streamlined setup and OR turnover
• Extensibility for digital OR integration
• Dual-console capability to support training and collaboration during minimally invasive surgery
The da Vinci Si System retains and builds on the core technology at the heart of the existing da Vinci and da Vinci STM Systems:
• Advanced 3D HD visualization with up to 10x magnification and an immersive view of the operative field
• EndoWrist® instrumentation with dexterity and range of motion far greater than even the human hand
• Intuitive® motion technology, which replicates the experience of open surgery by preserving natural eye-hand-instrument alignment and intuitive instrument control
Together, these technological advancements provide da Vinci surgeons with unparalleled precision, dexterity and control that enable a minimally invasive approach to many complex surgical procedures.
For the patient, benefits of robotic surgery may include:
• Significantly less pain
• Less blood loss
• Less scarring
• Shorter recovery time
• A faster return to normal daily activities
• In many cases, better clinical outcomes
BMC utilizes the da Vinci Surgical System for Gynecologic surgery, Urologic Prostate and Kidney surgery, and Thoracic and Bariatric Weight Loss surgeries. Hernia repair. For more information, click on the links to the left.
Read our da Vinci patient stories here: