Comfort and proper fit are a must whenever a person spends much time in a wheelchair.
There are numerous combinations of wheelchair components and seating options available. It is important that the fit of the wheelchair be appropriate so as not to limit the individual's level of functioning or tolerance for activity. Therefore, it is imperative that a mobility system be prescribed by a knowledgeable rehabilitation team, including a physician. Our team works with individuals to determine their optimum seating system arrangement.
Our services include:
• A rehabilitation team consisting of Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist and a Durable Medical Equipment Coordinator.
• Evaluations for custom wheelchairs
• Evaluations for seating in wheelchairs
• Current information on Medicare, Medicaid, and Third Party Payors guidelines
• Communication with vendors
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call (413) 447-2244.