Physical therapy at the Center for Rehabilitation at BMC offers an expedited program for pain patients suffering from back pain, with the right education that enables patients to safely practice at home.
The role of the physical therapist when treating the spine is to promote mobility and function in order to improve an individual's quality of life. Physical therapy incorporates aspects of stretching, strengthening, manual therapy, body mechanics, and postural education to correct misalignment of the spine to improve function and promote wellness.
Physical therapy at BMC provides individualized treatment and a customized home exercise program to address issues associated with spine dysfunction. The benefits of physical therapy include:
· Improved functional flexibility and range of motion
· Enhanced postural awareness and strength
· Decreased soft tissue restrictions
· Increased understanding of body mechanics
· A better understanding of one's condition, prognosis, and how to prevent re-injury
Please call 413-447-2234 for more information.