New Patient Information
Guiding New Patients through the Process
It can be challenging enough just to be presented with a cancer diagnosis, which certainly can produce feelings of great anxiety. But when you add to that the prospect of having to endure the process of treatment and the potential uncertainties of recovery, patients and their families are often overwhelmed.
At the BMC Cancer Center, our goal is to eliminate all of the process confusion and alleviate as much of the personal anxiety as possible in the patients and families we serve. The path through any healthcare system can seem complicated and bewildering at times, and we’re determined to take you calmly and confidently through the process.
We’re here to help you in all the steps along the way, including:
- Preparing for your first visit: what to bring / what to expect
- Keeping track of ongoing appointments
- Understanding what to expect physically during treatment
- Taking the right doses of medication at the right times
- Dealing with insurance and financial issues
- Getting the spiritual and emotional support you need
- Maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle during treatment
Visit the links at left to understand the many resources available to you at the BMC Cancer Center
New Patient PDF Forms: