Joint Replacement Program
Take the Next Step with Joint Replacement at BMC
Every year, hundreds of people from the Berkshires and Southern Vermont choose Berkshire Medical Center for joint replacement procedures that help return them to a healthier, more active lifestyle. We’re proud to be designated by The Joint Commission as a Center of Excellence for Hip & Knee Replacement and by Healthgrades as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement for 2015 and 2016 and receipient of the Healthgrades 2017 Joint Replacement Excellence Award
for our commitment to provide the highest-quality care and experience possible.
Our enhanced, patient-focused joint replacement program includes:
- Newly renovated unit with private rooms
- Comprehensive patient education to prepare for surgery for confidence
- Rehab and exercise in advance of surgery to speed recovery
- Advanced anesthesia care and pain management
- Program coordinator to seamlessly guide you through every phase of the journey
Skilled & Coordinated Joint Care
Our orthopedic team consists of specially trained physician assistants, nurses and physical and occupational therapists who work in conjunction with the surgeons of Berkshire Orthopaedic Associates to provide state-of-the-art joint replacement surgery and coordination of care.
These highly trained and experience professionals use BMC's main operating suites, the Crane Ambulatory Surgery Center at BMC and the North Adams Campus of BMC, to perform a complete range of joint replacement procedures, including:
- Total knee replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Total hip replacement (now offering anterior hip approach)
- Hip and knee revision
- Shoulder replacement
- BMC also provides MAKO-assisted Arthroscopy, the latest advance in robotic technology for Hip & Knee
Are You a Candidate for Joint Replacement?
For more information, or to make an appointment with one of our experts, contact our joint replacement surgery team and see if a procedure may be right for you.