Our clinic’s patients have a 2% chance of re-admission to the hospital, versus a 23% readmission rate for patients who are not involved with the clinic.
Begun in 2007, the Heart Failure Clinic at BMC continues to have a very positive effect on patient care and outcomes. At the heart of this award-winning program is a clinic overseen by Mara Slawsky, MD, and staffed by two full-time Nurse Practitioners and a Registered Nurse. This hands-on team works directly with patients to ensure optimal care. Patients are closely monitored to identify opportunities that will improve their health.
What We Treat
· Heart failure and cardiomyopathy
· Co-manage patients with their Primary Care Physicians and cardiologists
· Closely monitor medications, nutrition and weight, as well as potential medication side effects
· Office visit within 7 days of discharge from the hospital
· Ensure patients are appropriately taking current medication recommendations
· Goal-directed therapy
· Closely aligned with all home care agencies and acute care centers
· Increased staffing to allow for immediate access
· Heart failure certified physician oversees the Heart Failure Clinic to make sure quality of life is enhanced