Am I a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
While bariatric surgery is not a quick fix, it can be part of a comprehensive plan to help you find lasting weight loss success, relieve problems caused or worsened by obesity and jumpstart a healthier, more active lifestyle. In fact, weight loss surgery is recognized by the National Institutes of Health as the only method that works for people suffering from severe obesity.
At the nationally accredited Berkshire Center for Weight Loss Surgery, we offer a variety of minimally invasive weight loss procedures, which often offer less pain and faster recovery, and may help you find the life-changing results you're seeking.
You may be a candidate for weight loss surgery if you are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 65
- Obese with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 or above (calculate your BMI here)
- Struggling with diabetes, high blood pressure and/or cholesterol, heart disease or sleep apnea, arthritis and joint pain and other obesity-related conditions
- Have tried or are currently trying to lose weight through other means such as diet and exercise
- Psychologically ready for weight loss surgery and willing to commit to a whole new lifestyle
- Not drug or alcohol dependent
Our team believes morbid obesity should be treated as a disease. Our experience in bariatric care demonstrates that when patients begin losing weight, obesity-related medical problems often disappear and quality of life is greatly improved. In fact, 86% of diabetics improve with bariatric surgery, while 74% of type II diabetics are effectively cured of their diabetes.
Take the First Step to a New You
If you meet any of the requirements above, then be sure to join us for a free weight loss surgery seminar. We’ll walk through the weight management and surgical solutions we offer, plus details on what to expect—from pre-operative prep through ongoing follow-up care.
Call (413) 395-7510 or save your spot at an upcoming bariatric seminar.