North Adams Campus of BMC
The North Adams Campus of BMC is home to numerous essential outpatient care services, provided to meet the needs of the Northern Berkshire community. Located at the site of the former North Adams Regional Hospital, the North Adams Campus of BMC features:
- 24-Hour Emergency Care: the Satellite Emergency Facility (SEF) at the North Adams Campus of BMC provides care for emergent injuries or illness, with highly skilled Emergency Medicine physicians, nurses and staff, and is a satellite operation of the main Emergency Department at Berkshire Medical Center. The SEF is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to meet your emergency needs. Phone: 413-664-5000
- Observation Beds: The Satellite Emergency Facility has two Observation Beds for patients treated in the SEF who are experiencing potential serious illness and need to be monitored, for, on average, 12 to 16 hours by SEF physicians and staff.
- Neighborhood For Health: Located on the second floor of the main building, the Neighborhood For Health is an innovative array of healthcare services designed to help patients to manage their care, with access to numerous resources all under one roof, and to prevent the need for hospitilization. Phone: 413-664-5545
- Berkshire Partnership for Health: A countywide initiative designed to target four key areas of disease prevention and wellness - diabetes, high blood pressure, falls prevention and tobacco treatment - offering community-based programs that help people to better control or prevent diabetes and high blood pressure, to quit smoking and to help prevent falls. This program is provided by BHS in collaboration with numerous organizations. 413-664-5057
- Laboratory Drawing Station: Located on the first floor of the main building, the draw station is available for testing requests from your physician, and is open five days a week, Monday through Friday, from 6:30 am to 5 pm and Saturdays from 7:30 am to 11:30 am. Phone: 413-664-5432
- Outpatient Imaging Services: Advanced imaging services are available, including high-speed MRI and CT scanning, x-ray and ultrasound. Outpatient imaging can be found adjacent to the Satellite Emergency Facility. Phone: 413-664-5000
- Screening Mammography: Helping to prevent breast cancer or to detect it at its early stage, annual mammograms are critical, and the Northern Berkshire Campus provides state-of-the-art digital mammography. Located in Outpatient Imaging adjacent to the Satellite Emergency Facility. Phone: 413-664-5000
- Berkshire Visiting Nurse Association: The Berkshire VNA has been providing exceptional home care services for over a century, and is now providing these services in Northern Berkshire. Phone: 413-664-5000
- Endoscopy Care: In collaboration with Greylock Gastroenterology, the Endoscopy Suite at the Northern Berkshire Campus of BMC provides screening colonoscopy and upper endoscopy procedures, using the latest technology. Phone: 413-664-5530
- Outpatient General Surgery: Mininally invasive general surgery procedures provided in our state-of-the-art operating rooms by a board certified and fellowship trained surgeon - Coming in Summer of 2016
- Outpatient Orthopedic Surgery: We provide same-day surgery for orthopedic procedures, including minimally invasive repairs for knees, shoulders, wrists and ankles. Our operarting rooms are state-of-the-art with High Definition monitors and the latest in arthroscopic surgery. Phone: 413-664-5530
- Outpatient Urologic Surgery: Urology Professional Services of BMC surgeons Dr. Stephen St. Clair and Dr. Kevin Killeen provide minimally invasive Urologic Surgery in state-of-the-art operating rooms. 413-662-2486
- Outpatient GYN Surgery: Berkshire OB/GYN of BMC surgeons Dr. Charles O’Neill and Dr. Susan Yates provide minimally invasive Gynecologic surgery in our state-of-the-art operating rooms. 413-664-4343
- Operation Better Start: A unique partnership of diverse clinical disciplines - Registered and Licensed Dietitians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Physicians, and Certified Exercise Professionals - working together to provide a coordinated framework of services to women of childbearing age, children, adolescents, young adults and their families. 413-445-9243
- Renal Dialysis Care: The BMC North County Dialysis Center opened in September 2016 and is a state-of-the-art center providing comprehensive dialysis care to dozens of people in North Berkshire and Southern Vermont in need of this life-saving treatment.
- BHS Tobacco Treatment Services: Providing comprehensive and effective counseling and support for those who wish to quit smoking. Phone: 413-664-5057
- Berkshire North WIC: A Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC is a nutrition program that provides nutrition and health education, healthy food, breastfeeding education and support and other services free of charge. 413-663-3012
- Ecu Health Care: A critical agency in North Berkshire that assists community residents in finding and enrolling in health insurance programs so that they can access the care they need, close to home. Phone: 413-663-8711
- Primary Care & Specialty Physician Practices: The North Adams Campus of BMC is home to several physician practices in both the main building and the Ambulatory Care Center (ACC) adjacent to the main building. This includes: CHP North Adams; Cardiology Professional Services of BMC; Urology Professional Services of BMC; Berkshire Hematology Oncology; Kidney Disease & Renal Care; Orthopedic Associates of Northern Berkshire; Greylock Gastroenterology and others.
- Food Service: For the convenience of our patients, visitors and staff, the North Adams Campus of BMC has a Cafe on the bottom floor that serves breakfast and lunch every weekday.
Additional North Berkshire Services Provided by Berkshire Health Systems that are located near our North Adams Campus include:
- Williamstown Medical Associates - Primary Care (offices at the North Adams Campus of BMC and in Williamstown)
- Berkshire OB/GYN of BMC (with an office in Adams and an office at the North Adams Campus of BMC)
- Endocrinology & Metabolism Services of BMC
- Diabetes Education Program
- Nutrition Counseling Services
- Wound Care Clinic