Swing Bed Program at Fairview
The Swing Bed Program at Fairview Hospital provides sub-acute care to Medicare patients who need additional care following a hospital stay. Post-surgical patients, joint replacement patients, and patients needing further education regarding their diagnosis like a new diabetic who has to self-inject insulin or a patient who has a new colostomy are among those who may qualify to receive additional rehabilitation prior to returning home.
Our highly qualified nurses on the Med-Surg Unit floor oversee the Swing Bed Program. Hospital therapists and trained volunteers offer specialized services and companionship to meet our patient's individual needs.
Fairview Hospital's federal designation as a Critical Access Hospital allows it to offer a limited number of Medicare patients this opportunity for extended sub-acute care. Medicare patients must have been hospitalized with a qualifying 3-night hospital stay within the last 30 days to be eligible and is offered only on a bed-availability basis.
The Fairview Hospital Swing Bed offers patients:
- A seamless transition from acute to follow-up care.
- The assurance of knowing you are in an accredited hospital setting.
- 24-hour care provided by a team of skilled nurses, physicians and therapists.
- The comfort and familiarity of a small community hospital atmosphere.
- Access to diagnostic services if necessary.
- Convenience near to loved ones and friends.
Services offered by Fairview Hospital nurses and therapists while in the Swing Bed Program include:
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- IV Medication Therapy
- Rehabilitation (after a stroke)
- Post-surgical care
- Wound Care
- Skilled Nursing Care