Led by world renowned Nuclear Cardiologist Jeffrey Leppo, MD, Berkshire Health Systems’ team of cardiologists brings specialties that advance the overall goal of providing a comprehensive program of cardiac care right here in our own community.
At the heart of Dr. Leppo's vision was the belief that outstanding cardiologists would also be inspired by the challenge of building the region's premier cardiology service.
"I knew that if we fundamentally did a good job, the right physicians would follow," he says. “And they did. At every step of the way, we paid particular attention to recruiting physicians who were very patient-focused; whose only goal was to improve the level of service and care."
Other members of the practice include:
- Kyle Ann Cooper, MD, has expertise in nuclear cardiology, echocardiography and transesophageal echocardiography. Dr. Cooper also leads Women's Cardiology Services at BHS.
- Kristen Currie, MD, has expertise in nuclear cardiology, echocardiography, transeseophageal echocardiography and diagnostic cardiac catheterization.
- David Finck, MD, provides echocardiography and patient diagnostic services and leads the award-winning Cardiopulmonary Fitness Center at BMC.
- Douglas Herr, MD, has expertise in echocardiography, pacemaker insertion and diagnostic cardiac catheterization, and provides patient services at the practice's office in North Adams.
- William Levy, MD, an expert in Transesophageal Echocardiography and valvular disease, is the director of BMC's echocardiography services.
- Henry Lyle, MD, a board certified, fellowship trained Cardiologist with expertise in Interventional Cardiology, providing services in both Pittsfield and North Adams.
- Lisa Massie, MD, a board certified, fellowship trained Cardiologist with expertise in non-invasive Cardiology, preventive Cardiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Teresa Menendez, MD, a board certified, fellowship trained specialist in Cardiac Electrophysiology and the Director of Electrophysiology for BMC.
- Andrew Potash, MD, a board certified and fellowship trained Cardiologist specializing in the implantation of pacemakers and in diagnostic cardiac catheterization, providing services in both Pittsfield and North Adams.
- Georgianne Valli-Harwood, MD, has expertise in echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, transesophageal echocardiography and 64-slice CT scan interpretations.