Berkshire Health Systems - The region's leading provider of comprehensive health care services
Berkshire Medical Center Northern Berkshire Campus of BMC Fairview Hospital Berkshire VNA & Hospice Long Term Care
About Berkshire Health Systems BHS Locations Our Services Employment Opportunities Medical Education Physician Finder
Related Links

Others Who Can Help

When exploring options to improve continence, your primary care physician is the best place to start. If your primary care physician does not have special interest in diagnosing and treating incontinence, ask to be referred to a specialist.

Urologists are surgeons who specialize in the urinary conditions of men and women. Many urologists have advanced training in the surgical correction and medical treatments for incontinence; however, not as many have experience with non-surgical treatments such as pelvic muscle (Kegel) exercises, bladder training, biofeedback, electrical stimulation, and the use of pelvic support devices or urethral inserts. The urologists associated with the Continence Center are well versed in both non-surgical and surgical solutions to incontinence.
Gynecologists are doctors specializing in the reproductive health of women. Some have special interest in the diagnosis and treatment of urinary incontinence and prolapse. If they have advanced training in this area, they may become urogynecologists. If you are suffering from incontinence symptoms, your gynecologist is also trained to help.

font size Decrease (-) Default Increase (+)