Nuclear Imaging Stress Test
Preparing for a Nuclear Imaging Stress Test
- You may have a light meal two hours before the test. This meal may include Jell-O, broth, toast and juice.
- NO caffeine, chocolate and soda for 24 hours and NO tobacco use for 2 hours prior to the test.
- Wear or bring footwear and apparel appropriate for walking or running on a treadmill, such as sneakers, sweat pants, etc. You will remove your clothing from the waist up, and wear a hospital gown for the duration of the test.
- If you are taking medications, you must contact your physician at least three days prior to the test for any special instructions regarding these medications.
- If you use an inhaler for your breathing, please bring it with you.
- This test will take approximately 2 hours to complete.