Infusion Therapy Room at BMC
The Infusion Therapy Room at Berkshire Medical Center, where many of our patients choose to receive chemotherapy and other IV services, is located on the fifth floor of the hospital in Room 527. Staffed by BMC's IV team of registered nurses, these skilled caregivers specialize in the field of Intravenous Therapy. Our goal is to admit, treat and discharge patients as quickly and as safely as possible, while offering quality medical care in a timely manner.
Treatment takes place from Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. until completion of care. Among the services provided at the Infusion Therapy Room are:
- Chemotherapy Administration
- Administration of Blood Components including PRBC's and platelets
- Intravenous Immune Globulin (IV IG)
- Antibiotic Administration
- PICC Insertion, evaluation and removal
- Repair of Central Catheters
- IV port/Vascular Access Devise flushes and evaluations
- Central Line dressing changes
- Outpatient IV access, insertion and assessment
- Solumedrol Administration
- Patient and family educaiton regarding all aspects of Infusion Therapy
- Treatment of pregnancy induced nausea
For more information, please call the main hospital number at 413-447-2000 and request to speak with an IV nurse.