Pulmonary Care at Fairview
Pulmonary Services at Fairview Hospital is part of the Cardiopulmonary Department located on the first floor or Fariview Hospital. Our department offers a comprehensive clinical program designed to diagnose and treat a full range of respiratory disorders in patients of all ages. Inpatients services are offered in the intensive care unit, med surg unit, the emergency department and maternity department. Outpatient testing is conducted as well.
Specific pulmonary services include:
- Ventilator management oximetry
- Pulmonary function testing
- Intubation and extubation
- Bedside therapy
- Asthma and breathing therapy
- Outpatient programs include Pulmonary Rehabilitation and an Asthma Relief Program based on the Buteyko Method of Breathing.
When more specialized services are required, the staff at Fairview Hospital facilitates appropriate referrals that patients need to meet their healthcare needs.