Endoscopy Services at Fairview
Fairview Hospital provides state-of-the-art Endoscopy Services by a highly skilled team of physicians and nurses. Located on the 2nd floor of Fairview Hospital, our Endoscopy Department provides an important diagnostic service in a private setting.
Elective procedures take place Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. The Endoscopy Unit is also accessible to the Emergency Department 24 hours a day for patients with an obstructed esophagus and for emergency gastrointestinal diagnosis.
Procedures are mostly performend with IV moderate sedation, with a pre-arranged option for monitored anesthesia care.
The Fairview Endoscopy Unit provides:
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD) - an examination of the upper portion of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach and the first portion of the small intestine.
- Colonoscopy - an examination of the lining of the colon to determine if there are any abnormalities.
- Sigmoidoscopy - an examination of the rectum and portion of the colon.
- Bronchoscopy - an examination of the lungs.
- PEG Tube Insertions - tubes to provide nutritionaly supplements.
- Liver Biopsy - an examination of live tissue.
Physicians providing Endoscopic procedures at Fairview Hospital are:
|George Veinoglou, MD
Berkshire Surgical Associates
Great Barrington, MA
Phone: (413) 644-6499
| Veronica DeYeso, MD