Endoscopy Services at BMC
Berkshire Medical Center
Location: Crane Center for Ambulatory Surgery, Park Street, Pittsfield
Hours: Elective procedures take place from Monday - Friday, 7a.m. - 3:30p.m.
At BMC we also provide around-the-clock emergency endoscopy services.
The BMC Endoscopy Unit provides:
- Colonoscopy: An examination of the lining of the colon to determine if there are any abnormalities. We also offer Direct & Open Access for Screening Colonoscopy, making the scheduling of your colonoscopy easier.
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD): An examination of the upper portion of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach, and the first portion of the small intestine.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): a specialized technique used to study the ducts of the gallbladder, pancreas and liver.
- Sigmoidoscopy: Examination of the lining of the rectum and a portion of the colon.
- Capsule Endoscopy: Cutting edge technology in qhich the patient swallows a disposable camera in a pill to evaluate the esophagus and small bowel.
- Bronchoscopy: Examination of the lungs
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE): A specialized procedure done by a cardiologist to study the function of the heart.