If you are interested in applying to the BMC School of Medical Technology for the class of 2017, which begins in July of 2016 and ends in June of 2017, you must submit your application materials no later than December 1, 2015. (Application period is closed for the class of 2015-2016).
Official transcripts of all college or university credits must be forwarded.
- Three letters of reference are required.
- The student is expected to have at least an overall GPA of 3.0 and a science GPA of 3.3 for admission into the program.
Selection of applicants is based on: the application form, cumulative GPA, science grades, quality of courses, references and interview. Preference will be given to applicants who have maintained an overall GPA of 3.3 or above and a Science GPA of 3.5 or above.
The interview process starts in November and students are chosen at the beginning of January.
Applicants for positions at the School of Medical Technology are considered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, result of genetic testing, age, national origin, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam era veteran, or being a member of the reserves or National Guard.
Required Application Materials
Please print and send the completed materials listed below, postmarked by December 1st, to:
Lori Moore, MEd, MT (ASCP)
Medical Technology Program Director
Berkshire Medical Center
725 North Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
- The Application Form can be found here
- The completed Background Investigation Consent Form (click here to download Background Check form)
- A $20.00 non-refundable application fee - Please make check out to Berkshire Medical Center.
- A current official transcript of all your college work
*International students must have their transcripts evaluated from an approved agency (a list will be provided upon request).
- Three letters of reference and completed Reference Forms, one from an employer, if possible (click here to download Reference Form)
- Read and sign the Essential Functions Form (Click here to read the Essential Functions form)
Please contact Lori Moore if you would like to set up an interview or visit our laboratory. Feel free to call Lori at 413-447-2580 Tuesday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. if you have any questions about the program.
Thank you for considering Berkshire Medical Center for your internship.
An information packet and application materials listed above can be mailed to you in hard copy upon request. To request application materials in hard copy, e-mail your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.