Applicants for admission are considered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, result of genetic testing, age, national origin, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam era veteran, or being a member of the reserves or National Guard.
Educational Requirements for Admission to the BMC School of Medical Technology:
- Three years (90 semester hours) of collegiate training in a college or university approved by a recognized regional accrediting agency; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
Minimum Requirements for Admission:
All prerequisite course work must have been completed within the last 10 years.
- Biological Science (16 semester hours)
- Microbiology, Immunology, Anatomy/Physiology, and Genetics/Molecular Biology must be included
- Chemistry (16 semester hours)
- Organic and/or Biochemistry must be included
- Statistics is required
Additional Courses Recommended:
- Chemistry: Advanced Organic and/or Biochemistry, Quantitative Analysis and Physical chemistry
- Biological Science: Human Clinical Microbiology, Parasitology and Hematology
- Other: Physics, Computer courses, Management, Research and Instrumentation
Berkshire Medical Center Admission Requirements:
- Student must pass a pre-admission physical, including random urine drug screening
- Provide immunization records
- Submit to a background investigation following acceptance into the clinical internship
Essential Functions: Click here to view our Essential Functions Form